Yes, it’s true, at long last the new Work Health and Safety Act 2020 has been passed replacing the old Occupational Safety and Health Act 1996.
Whilst it is not yet in force because they have got to write the new regulations, this is what I recommend:
- assume the new act is in force right now and start getting organised and deadly serious about occupational health and safety in your organisation.
- the new penalty for Industrial Manslaughter is between 5 to 10 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $10 million for a body corporate or organisation – this is serious.
- If you are a director or senior manager you need to know what you can do to help protect yourself and your organisation from prosecution. We can help.
What should I do now?
- if you have a fully documented safety management system get it externally and independently audited now by an expert to see how well you stack up and find out what else you may need to do.
- if you don’t have a fully documented system you need to think about getting one as soon as possible to help protect yourself.
- if you are not sure what to do call us now for an obligation and cost free initial consultation and chat – we can tell you quickly what you need to do. Straight talk, no BS.
Call me now for a chat and further information – 0412 602 742