Yes, it’s true, at long last the new Work Health and Safety Act 2020 has been passed replacing the old Occupational Safety and Health Act 1996. Whilst it is not yet in force because they have got to write the new regulations, this is what I recommend: assume the new...
Yes, it’s true, at long last the new Work Health and Safety Act 2020 has been passed replacing the old Occupational Safety and Health Act 1996.
Whilst it is not yet in force because they have got to write the new regulations, this is what I recommend:
- assume the new act is in force right now and start getting organised and deadly serious about occupational health and safety in your organisation.
- the new penalty for Industrial Manslaughter is between 5 to 10 years imprisonment and a maximum fine of $10 million for a body corporate or organisation – this is serious.
- If you are a director or senior manager you need to know what you can do to help protect yourself and your organisation from prosecution. We can help.
What should I do now?
- if you have a fully documented safety management system get it externally and independently audited now by an expert to see how well you stack up and find out what else you may need to do.
- if you don’t have a fully documented system you need to think about getting one as soon as possible to help protect yourself.
- if you are not sure what to do call us now for an obligation and cost free initial consultation and chat – we can tell you quickly what you need to do. Straight talk, no BS.
Call me now for a chat and further information – 0412 602 742
The second step, after the big clean up which we covered in a previous article is to do some detailing work inside and outside - we want the place to look substantially different from the way it has been in the past. First impressions of anyone visiting the...
It’s been a long winter but summer is here again and it’s time to make sure that the perimeter area around your factory/workshop/premises is cleared of all combustible material. If you haven’t done it already get the long grass cut, remove any rubbish and scrap, clean...
Knowing where to start with safety can be a problem for some organisations, but it really is very easy. When starting to get to grips with safety it is important to demonstrate clearly to everyone that something has changed in the organisation - physically changed. ...
$3 Million Fine – Directors receive suspended jail sentences for first industrial manslaughter conviction.
Australia’s first conviction and sentence for industrial manslaughter was handed down recently in the Brisbane District Court which issued a $3 million company fine and suspended jail sentences to two company directors over an incident in which a worker was crushed...